Hi there, I am Bojan (check the Google Translate pronunciation). I’m a web designer from Croatia. I’ve been making websites professionally for the past fifteen years or so, and making websites was the only job I’ve ever had. It all started way back in high school when I started dissecting websites to find out how they work (you can read more about my history and my web design manifesto). Since the start of my career, I’ve worked on hundreds of projects for clients across the globe.
I currently run a small web design company called JanJan and am a part of Toptal, a lovely network of freelancers. While I am very happy with my current engagements, feel free to get in touch with project proposals.
About This Website
Yesterdayishere has been online since 2004 and has been redesigned more times than I can remember. I’ve used it to experiment quite often, so don’t be surprised if things look out of shape from time to time. The blog is my attempt of giving back to the community, reminding myself of things I would like to remember, and making myself think and write.
I’ve been using WordPress as a publishing platform since the launch of the website in 2004 and I’m currently using a custom theme based on Underscores.
- Bojan means the fighting one.
- My favorite design tools are pen and paper for sketching, Sketch and Figma apps for screen design, and Coda 2 for coding.
- I work standing up, most of the time, using an IKEA standing desk.
- I’m using a MacBook Pro as a primary machine and a Thunderbolt display right next to it. I use a Twelve South stand (wishing it could be taller) for the laptop and a wireless Apple keyboard and trackpad.
- In my free time, I love reading, spending time outdoors on my bike or playing tennis. I also enjoy playing chess – if you’re up for a correspondence game, I am up for a challenge.