I’m sort of borrowing Colly’s idea and I’m bringing you my favorite songs ever. Here’s the first bunch, in random order, one song per artist. All of these songs mean a great deal to me.
On a side note, you can view my favorite albums by year, as well as my top 11 albums of all time in the Lists category (some posts are in Croatian, but the lists are self-explanatory).
- Yo La Tengo: We’re an American Band
- Slowdive: When The Sun Hits
Slowdive’s “Souvlaki” was a huge discovery for me at the time, and I’m still in love with the album. I can put this one on the coldest winter day and feel like it’s a hot summer day. “When The Sun Hits” is one of those songs I can have on repeat for hours and not get tired of.
- Low: A Little Argument With Myself
- David Bowie: Ashes to Ashes
- The Mars Volta: Concertina
Awesome. Just awesome.
- Neutral Milk Hotel: Holland, 1945
- Depeche Mode: Never Let Me Down Again
This one most probably ranks among my all-time top five. It’s interesting though, my favorite Depeche Mode album isn’t “Music for the Masses”, but “Violator”.
- A Silver Mt. Zion: Movie (Never Made)
- Tortoise: Salt The Skies
- Dirty Three: Sue’s Last Ride
Goosebumps. Every single time.
- Neil Young: Words (Between The Lines of Age)
- John Frusciante: The World’s Edge
- Pink Floyd: Shine on You Crazy Diamond (part 1)
- The Police: Wrapped Around Your Finger
- R.E.M.: E-bow The Letter
My favorite R.E.M. song from my favorite R.E.M. album. I can’t see them topping this one.
- Rachel’s: Honeysuckle Suite (Sugar Maple-Elm-Sweetgum)
- New Order: True Faith
- Modest Mouse: Teeth Like God’s Shoeshine
- Tom Waits: Yesterday is Here
Plenty of Tom’s great songs to choose from, but this one is special to me.
- The Doors: Crystal Ship