Slowly but surely, I am approaching the half way stage of my UI Snacks project. While I am not happy with the overall quality of my work, I am happy with the way things are going in general. Here are my thoughts on the experiment:
- Creating something I can be proud of on a daily basis has always been a struggle of mine and I most certainly am not satisfied with some of my illustrations. However, I am doing my best within my personal time constraints.
- I am happy with the improved speed at which I can now put together an icon or an illustration—during 160 days, I have improved my speed considerably which is a great bonus.
- Improved Sketch skills are also a big plus—I’ve taken my Sketch app speed and efficiency to a higher level.
- Sometimes, I can use a UI snack, or part of it, in my commercial work, which can be quite handy.
- Clients appreciate the fact I am adding to my skillset.
- I can recommend the experiment to everyone—doing something like this can only be a good thing.